Brown Butter Cornbread Muffins with Whipped Corn Brown Butter
Makes about 12 muffins
- Muffin tins
- Muffin tin liners
- Small Pan
- Large Bowl
- Medium bowl
- Small Bowl
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup sour cream or creme fraiche
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 stick 4 oz unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup frozen sweet corn blended until slightly chunky
- 3-4 Tbsp honey depending how sweet you’d like it!
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- Meanwhile, brown the 5 Tbsp butter in a small pan over medium heat. You want a nice toasty smelling dark brown butter. Set aside as you prepare the rest of the batter.
- In a large bowl, whisk cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, sour cream, buttermilk, honey, and brown sugar.
- Mix wet into dry until just combined. Careful not to over mix!
- Stir in reserved brown butter.
- Fill muffin tin with batter.
- Place in oven and bake 15-17 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cornbread comes out clean. (don’t over bake!)
- While the muffins bake, prepare the butter.
- Prepare a large bowl with an ice bath, and place a smaller bowl on-top of the ice bath. Set aside.
- In a small pan over medium heat, add butter and melt.
- Once melted whisk butter continuously until the butter has browned. Keep an eye on it as this can happen quick!
- Once the butter is brown, immediately transfer to the small bowl over the ice bath. Stir in honey, corn, and salt.
- Whisk butter mixture in the small bowl over the ice bath, constantly, until the butter becomes light in color and has a whipped consistency.
- Serve muffins warm from the oven with the whipped butter. Delishhh
**If eating leftovers that aren’t warm, I always warm mine a bit in the microwave, or even better split in half and toasted in a pan with some butter 🙂
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!