Cheesy Artichoke Garlic Bread
- Small Bowl
- Baking sheets
- 1 stick 4oz unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup grated pecorino romano
- ½ cup finely chopped marinated artichoke hearts drained from a jar
- 2 heads roasted garlic squeezed out*
- ¼ cup chopped parsley plus more for serving
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 loaf bread of choice focaccia, ciabatta, Italian, French all work well!, sliced in half horizontally
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- In a small bowl combine butter, pecorino, artichokes, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper until smooth. I like to use a fork to mash everything together.
- Spread all of the butter mixture, divided evenly, on both sides of the bread.
- Place bread on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden.
- Remove bread from oven. Turn oven to broil. Top with shredded mozzarella.
- Broil until melted and golden, about 2-3 minutes
- Top with more parsley, cut into pieces and serve warm.
*Cut top off garlic, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt, wrap in foil and roast for 40-45 (oven at 425) minutes until soft and golden.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!