Corn Sheet Pan Pizza
- 500 g bread flour
- 390 g room temperature water
- 10 g kosher salt
- 3 g instant yeast I like SAF instant brand
- Olive oil for greasing
- Softened butter for greasing
- 12 oz whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 garlic clove grated
- ½ cup grated pecorino romano plus more for serving
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz whole milk low moisture mozzarella shredded you can really add as much cheese as you like
- 8 oz smoked mozzerella
- 2-3 fresh corn cobs kernels removed
- 1-2 tsp chopped calabrian chiles
- 4 Tbsp honey
- Fresh torn basil leaves for garnish
- The day before you want to make the pizza: prepare the dough. In a large bowl, mix bread flour, water, salt and yeast together until fully combined. Cover and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and fold the dough by pulling up each side of the dough and folding them into the center.
- Cover and let rest another 30 minutes. Repeat folding process from step 2.
- Drizzle the top of the dough with a bit of olive oil and cover with plastic wrap. Transfer to the fridge to rest overnight. **
- The next day, when you are ready to bake: Arrange a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 500F along with a pizza stone (if you have it).
- Grease a half sheet pan very well with butter and oil all over. Place dough on the tray and press/stretch dough out as far as you can. It won’t fit the entire sheet tray at this point. Oil the top and place a sheet of plastic wrap on top of the dough. Let dough rest 30-45 minutes at room temperature.
- While the dough relaxes, prepare the ricotta. In a medium bowl add ricotta, pecorino, garlic, basil, and mix until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- After the dough has rested, press/stretch out again, this time to fill out the entire tray.
- Spread the ricotta evenly over the dough. Top with both cheeses and corn all over.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a touch of salt and pepper to season the corn.
- Bake in the lower third of the oven (on top of the pizza stone if you are using one) for 20-25 minutes, or until golden and bubbly.
- While pizza bakes, mix calabrian chilis and honey until combined.
- Once pizza is cooked, top with chili honey and basil all over. Add more grated pecorino if desired. Transfer pizza to a wire rack to prevent the bottom from getting soggy, and enjoy! I like to cut this pizza using scissors.**
**You can make the dough up to three days ahead and just leave it in the fridge until you are ready to make the pizza! ***After the pizza is done, I like to transfer it out of the pan, and onto a wire rack so that the crust stays nice and crisp!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!