Garlic Scape Chimichurri
Makes about 1 cup
- Oil for drizzling
- 5 garlic scapes trimmed
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1 fresno pepper minced
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp kosher salt plus more to taste
- ¼ tsp fresh black pepper
- Heat a large cast iron pan over high heat and add a small touch of oil.
- Add in garlic scapes and char on one side. Flip and cook for a few seconds longer (we aren’t looking to char the second side), and remove from the pan.
- Thinly slice the garlic scapes and add to a small bowl.
- Add in parsley, oregano, fresno pepper, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Taste and adjust with more salt if needed.
- Let sit for at least 10 minutes for flavors to meld. This is great over any protein, especially grilled items! Even delish in some grilled veggies!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!