Italian Seafood Salad
- ½ lb. medium shrimp peeled, deveined and tails removed
- ½ lb. bay scallops
- ½ lb. calamari a mix of sliced tubes and tentacles
- ½ bulb of fennel thinly sliced, shocked in ice water and dried
- ¼ of a red onion thinly sliced, shocked in ice water and dried
- 1 celery stalk thinly sliced
- ½ cup halved castelvetrano olives
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½-1 tsp chopped calabrian chilis depending how spicy you’d like it
- ¼ lb. lump crab meat picked through to make sure there are no shells
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Juice of 1 lemon plus more to taste
- ⅓ cup olive oil plus more to taste
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a steamer over medium heat until simmering. Prepare a large ice bath.
- Steam shrimp for 2-5 minutes until cooked. Transfer to the ice bath.
- Next, steam the scallops for 2-5 minutes until cooked. Transfer to the ice bath.
- Finally, steam the calamari for 2-4 minutes until cooked. Transfer to the ice bath.
- Drain all seafood from the ice bath once completely cool. Dry thoroughly.
- Add all the cooked seafood to a large bowl along with all the remaining ingredients. Toss gently.
- Taste to see if the salad needs more lemon, olive oil, salt or pepper.
- Enjoy right away, or let it sit in the fridge to marinate and chill for a couple hours. Best served cold!*
*Make sure to give the salad a good mix if it sits in the fridge to incorporate the dressing. Taste again before serving to check for seasoning.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!