Antipasto Salad with Pecorino Pepperoncini Dressing
- 2 romaine hearts chopped (about 6 cups)
- ½ a bulb of fennel thinly sliced
- ¼ red onion thinly sliced
- 4 radishes thinly sliced
- 2 small cucumbers chopped
- 3 small campari tomatoes cut into wedges
- ½ cup roasted red peppers sliced
- ½ cup mixed olives halved
- ½ cup marinated artichokes chopped
- 2 oz salami chopped
- Shaved ricotta salata for topping
- Fresh torn basil leaves for topping
- Sliced pepperoncini for topping, optional
- ¼ cup pepperoncini liquid
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise this helps emulsify the dressing
- 1 tsp dijon
- 1 tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup grated pecorino romano
- Place romaine, red onion and fennel in an ice bath. Let sit for a few minutes to crisp up the lettuce. Remove from the ice bath and dry in a salad spinner or lay out on a kitchen towel to dry COMPLETELY. You don't want a watery salad! Add to a large bowl.
- Add in radishes and cucumbers. Set aside.
- Next, prepare the dressing. Add all dressing ingredients to a jar and shake until combined. Alternately, add everything to a small bowl, and whisk until combined.
- Add as much dressing to the reserved lettuce mix as desired. Toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper if needed*
- Top salad with tomatoes, peppers, olives, artichokes, salami, ricotta salata, basil and pepperoncini and serve!
*If you don’t use all the dressing, save it in the fridge for future salads!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!