Watermelon Avocado Salad
This is more of a method rather than a specific recipe! You can make this as large or as small as you’d like
- Watermelon medium diced
- Avocado medium diced
- Queso fresco or cotija crumbled
- Serranos or jalapeño thinly sliced
- Lime zest and lime juice
- Flake salt
- Pepita sesame crunch see below*
- Cilantro leaves
- Ancho chili powder or Tajín
- Arrange watermelon and avocado on a platter.
- Sprinkle crumbled queso fresco all over and add as much serrano as you’d like.
- Zest and juice lime all over the salad.
- Drizzle all over with EVOO and sprinkle with flake salt.
- Top with your desired amount of the pepita sesame crunch (see below) and torn cilantro.
- Garnish with ancho chili powder or Tajín. If using Tajín, be careful with how much flake salt you add to the salad initially, as Tajín has salt 🙂
- Serve and enjoy!
*Pepita Sesame Crunch: Preheat oven to 400F. Line sheet tray with parchment paper. Mix ½ cup pepitas, 1 Tbsp sesame seeds, 2 tsp maple syrup, 1 Tbsp olive oil, ¼ tsp paprika, ¼ tsp ancho chili powder, and ¼ tsp salt. Spread out on the sheet tray and bake until golden, about 8-12 minutes, tossing halfway through. Let cool completely. The mixture won’t be crunchy when you remove it from the oven, but will crisp once fully cooled. Store in an airtight container.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!