Whipped Clementine, Honey and Thyme Brown Butter
Makes about 3/4 cup of butter (can be doubled)
- Large Bowl
- Small Pan
- Small Bowl
- 1 stick 4 oz unsalted butter
- 3-4 sprigs fresh thyme *
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 clementine zested (or you can do 1/2 an orange)
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Prepare a large bowl with an ice bath and set aside.
- In a small pan over medium low heat, add butter and melt. Once melted, toss in the thyme.
- Whisk butter continuously until the butter has browned. Keep an eye on it as this can happen quick!
- Once the butter is brown, immediately transfer to a small bowl. Remove the thyme sprigs.
- Whisk in honey, zest, and salt until incorporated.
- Place small bowl with butter mixture over the large ice bath. Whisk butter mixture, constantly, until the butter becomes light in color and has a whipped consistency.
*make sure thyme sprigs are completely dry! any moisture on them can make the butter pop while browning and it can get messy/hazardous lol
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!