Zucchini Potato and Egg Stew
Serves 4-6 people
- Large skillet
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 anchovy filets
- 28 oz can whole peeled tomatoes hand crushed
- ¼ tsp red chili flakes
- Handful small yukon gold potatoes medium diced
- 1 zucchini sliced
- ¼ cup finely grated pecorino romano
- 5-6 large eggs
- Ricotta for serving
- Pesto for serving
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toasted bread for serving
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, heat olive oil and cook garlic and anchovies until aromatic and garlic has softened.
- Add red chili flake and hand crushed tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add in potatoes and stir to combine. Cover.
- Simmer tomatoes and potatoes on low heat for about 15-20 minutes, until potatoes are just tender.
- Add in zucchini and cook, uncovered, about 5-10 minutes, until sauce is a bit reduced and zucchini is soft.
- Stir in pecorino.
- Make little beds in sauce and add eggs to the beds. Season each egg with a touch of salt and pepper.
- Cover pan and cook on low until egg whites have set and yolks are still runny. About 5-7 minutes.
- Top with dollops of ricotta and pesto. (In the video, I topped the whole pan with the ricotta and pesto, but I would recommend adding these toppings per serving!)
- Enjoy with toasted bread!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!