Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cookies
- 1 Small Pan
- 1 Whisk
- 1 Large mixing bowl
- 1 Small Bowl
- Baking sheets
- Parchment paper
- 2 sticks 8oz unsalted butter
- ¾ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup oat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 – 4.4 oz bar of white chocolate chopped into chunks, plus more for topping each cookie
- 1 – 4 oz semi sweet chocolate bar chopped into chunks, plus more for topping each cookie
- 1.3 oz freeze dried strawberries roughly chopped
- Flake salt for topping if desired
- In a small pan over medium heat, add butter and melt. Once melted, whisk butter continuously until the butter has browned. Keep an eye on it as this can happen quick!
- Immediately transfer to a large mixing bowl. Let butter cool off to just warmer than room temperature.*
- Add in both sugars to the butter and whisk to combine.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, whisking to fully incorporate after each egg. Stir in vanilla and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour, oat flour, baking soda, and kosher salt until combined.
- Mix dry ingredients into the wet until just combined.
- Fold in both chocolates and strawberries.
- Let dough chill 1-2 hours in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll dough into about 1” balls. Place a few chunks of each chocolate on top of each cookie, without pushing the cookie down too much, if desired.
- Space out cookies evenly on the tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden on the edges, but still chewy in the middle. Careful not to over bake, as the cookies will not be chewy once cooled if overcooked.
- Sprinkle with flakey salt if desired.
- Let cool on the tray for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
*You just need the butter to be cool enough so that the finished dough won’t be so hot that the chocolate melts into the dough
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!