Coconut Almond Banana Mounds
Makes about 18 mounds
- Medium bowl
- Parchment paper
- Sheet tray
- 1 large very ripe banana
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut plus more for garnish
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups semisweet or milk chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- In a medium bowl, mash banana until very smooth.
- Add in maple syrup, coconut, almond flour and salt and mix until combined.
- Using a heaping tablespoon of the mixture, shape into oval like mounds (you can do any shape you’d like!).
- Transfer mounds to a parchment lined sheet tray and freeze 45 minutes to an hour to harden up slightly.
- Once the mounds are almost done firming up in the freezer, melt chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Remove mounds from freezer and, working one at a time, dip in chocolate to coat. Quickly top with more coconut to garnish.*
- Once all mounds are coated, freeze for another 5- 10 minutes until set.
- Enjoy! Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
*Top the chocolate coated mounds right after coating as they firm up quickly!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!