Ham, Cheese, and Egg Puff Pastries
So this isn’t so much of a recipe more just a method! You can make as many or as little as you like, in any shape you want. This is just a ingredient list and basic directions 🙂
- Sheet tray
- Parchment paper
- 6×6” squares of puff pastry homemade or store bought (1/4” thick)
- Egg wash
- Poppy seeds
- Dijon mustard
- Grated gruyère havarti, cheddar, or swiss
- Thinly sliced ham
- Salt and Pepper
- Thinly sliced chives
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Line a sheet tray with parchment.
- Score (do not cut all the way through) a 1/2 inch border around the square of puff pastry. Prick the inside all over with a fork.
- Egg wash the pastry all over, and sprinkle the border with poppy seeds.
- Bake until golden and puffed, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and press down the center of the pastry so that there is a nice indent for the filling.
- Spread a thin layer of Dijon mustard on the bottom of the tart. Top with grated cheese, and make a well for the egg to fit in. It's ok if the cheese gets on the border of the tart! Crack the egg into the well. Top with a few small slices of ham.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes until the egg is cooked to your liking.
- Season the egg with salt and pepper and garnish with chives. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!