Fall is in the air, so it’s time to break out those pumpkin recipes! These browned butter pumpkin blondies are the perfect autumn treat. They’re made with delicious pumpkin puree, white chocolate, and a blend of fall seasonings. Plus, they’re topped with pumpkin seeds for a bit of crunch. So if you’re looking for a new way to enjoy pumpkin this season, give this recipe a try!
Why these pumpkin blondies are the best!
Are you overwhelmed with all the delicious pumpkin recipes popping up everywhere? I get it! Every year, there are more and more pumpkin recipes to choose from. But trust me when I say these brown butter pumpkin blondies are the best!
They’re made with browned butter, which gives them a rich and nutty flavor. Then, add in some pumpkin puree to make them moist and flavorful. Don’t forget to add those chunks of creamy white chocolate for a touch of sweetness!
Sprinkle in a blend of fall seasonings (cinnamon + ginger + ground nutmeg), giving these blondies a wonderful pumpkin spice flavor. And, of course, they’re topped with pumpkin seeds and flakey salt for a bit of crunch.
Whether you’re looking for an easy dessert to bring to a fall party or want to enjoy a delicious treat at home, these brown butter pumpkin blondies are sure to please.
So what are you waiting for? Give this recipe a try today!
Follow along to learn how to make these brown butter pumpkin blondies. If you do better with video instructions, watch my TikTok down below!
Kitchen equipment needed:
To make this pumpkin blondies recipe with white chocolate, you will need a:
- 8×8 baking dish
- Parchment paper
- Large bowl
- Small bowl
Note: Check out the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and instructions to make these brown butter blondies.
When making this seasonal baked treat, I came up with the best hacks to create a soft, cakey pumpkin blondie.
- Use real pumpkin puree. Make sure when buying the puree, you are buying plain pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling. They are two completely different things! The pumpkin pie filling is already sweetened and has those spices in it. If we add in even more, it’ll be too overwhelming in flavor.
- Buy a whole white chocolate bar. That makes it easier to chop and add it to the blondie batter. If you cannot find an entire bar, you can also use white chocolate chips! Semi-sweet chocolate is also delicious in this recipe if you want a slightly less sweet taste.
- Roast or unroasted? That seems to be the big question regarding the pumpkin seed topping. I like the taste of roasted pumpkin seeds, but feel free to use whatever you have on hand. If you don’t have any pumpkin seeds, chopped pecans or walnuts would be a good substitute!
I hope you enjoy these fall pumpkin blondies! If you love this recipe and want to learn how to make other fun recipes, follow me on TikTok and save some of my cooking videos.
Check out these other fall recipes!
- Maple Apple Butter
- Pumpkin Spice Brown Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Cinnamon Apple Whipped Brown Butter
- Single Serve Apple Crisp
- Pecan Brown Sugar Pop Tarts
Brown Butter Pumpkin Blondies Recipe
- 8×8 baking dish
- Parchment paper
- Large Bowl
- 1 ½ sticks 6 oz unsalted butter browned
- 1 ¼ cups lightly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 6 oz chopped white chocolate don’t chop too small or it will just melt into the batter*
- Pumpkin seeds for topping
- Flakey salt optional
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease an 8×8 baking dish and line the bottom with parchment.
- In a large bowl, mix brown butter, brown sugar, and pumpkin until combined.
- Whisk in eggs and vanilla.
- In a small bowl whisk flour, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined. Try to not over mix!
- Gently fold in white chocolate.
- Transfer batter to prepared baking dish and spread the batter out evenly. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until the blondies are golden brown and have puffed up nicely.**
- Sprinkle with flake salt if desired.
- Let cool completely in the pan, then cut into bars.