Brown Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Makes about 3 dozen cookies
- Large Bowl
- Small Bowl
- 2 Sheet tray
- Parchment paper
- Wire rack
- 2 sticks 1/2 lb unsalted butter browned
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Pour browned butter into a large bowl (it can be warm still). Add in sugars and whisk.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing vigorously to insure they don’t cook in the warm butter. Whip with a whisk until homogenized and mixture lightens in color slightly.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Sift flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Add dry ingredients into wet and stir to combine.
- Fold in oats, raisins, and both chocolates.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. *
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line two sheet trays with parchment.
- Shape dough into 1 1/2” balls and place on baking sheet, evenly spread out.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden around the edges and cookies have puffed up a bit.
- Cool on pan for 5 minutes and then move to a wire rack to cool completely. Or eat them warm 🙂
*Can also freeze the dough for later use!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!