Corn Wedge Salad
- 8 oz thick cut bacon cut into lardons
- 1 large corn on the cob shucked
- ½ cup labne*
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp mayo
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 small clove of garlic grated
- 1 large handful fresh dill about ½ cup
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head iceberg cut into wedges, core removed, some leaves separated
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes halved
- Crumbled blue cheese for topping
- Sliced fresh chives for topping
- EVOO for drizzling
- Add bacon to a cold pan. Turn heat to low and cook bacon slowly, until rendered and crisp. Drain from grease and set aside.
- While bacon cooks, heat a cast iron skillet over high heat and add corn. Char on all sides. **
- Cut corn off the cob, and set aside.
- Next, prepare the dressing. Blend labne, buttermilk, mayo, mustard, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic and dill until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. I like a hefty amount of pepper in this!
- Arrange iceberg on a platter. Drizzle on some of the dressing. Top with desired amount of blue cheese. Add tomatoes, bacon, and charred corn all over the top. Add a bit more dressing if desired. ***
- Top with more freshly ground black pepper, a drizzle of EVOO, and the fresh chives. YUM!
*You can also use sour cream or full fat greek yogurt **You can also grill the corn! ***Use as much dressing as you’d like. Serve any remaining on the side for extra topping!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!