- 10“ cast iron skillet
- 3 eggs at room temp
- ½ whole milk room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- Dash of nutmeg
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- Desired toppings ie: powdered sugar fresh lemon juice, maple syrup, honey, berries, jam etc
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Meanwhile, blend all ingredients except butter together.*
- Let batter rest while the oven finishes preheating.
- Add butter to a 10 inch cast iron skillet and place in preheated oven.
- Let butter fully melt in oven in the cast iron.
- Carefully pour batter into the pan, and return to oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until puffed and browned.
- Serve immediately topped with desired toppings. (my fav is lots of powdered sugar and lemon!)
*This batter is best done with a hand blender or blender, but can be done using a whisk or hand mixer!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!