Maple Sage Breakfast Patties
Makes 5 patties*
- 1 pound ground pork
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped or grated
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp fresh chopped rosemary
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- Vegetable oil for cooking patties
- Mix all ingredients except oil together until well mixed and a bit sticky.
- Form into 5 balls.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add a bit of vegetable oil.
- Place sausage in pan and smash with the back of a spatula to flatten (may have to do two batches depending on skillet size)
- Cook until golden brown and flip, about 3-5 minutes.
- Cook second side until pork is fully cooked, about another 2-3 minutes.
*Can be easily doubled!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!