Easy Pickled Red Onions (Cebollas Curtidas)
Makes about 2 cups
- 1 large red onion thinly sliced
- ½ of a chili of choice such as habanero serrano, or jalapeño, minced
- 1 ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1 ¼ tsp sugar
- 3-5 limes juiced (you just need enough to come up about 1/3-1/2 way up the onions)
- Place all ingredients into a container.
- Plush down the onions as much as possible.
- Cover and let marinate in the fridge for 24 hours for the brightest pickled red onions!
* You can even eat these after just about 3-4 hours. they won’t be as vibrant in color, but will still be quite tasty!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!