Endive and Radicchio Salad with Dried Cherry Vinaigrette
- Small Pan
- Small Bowl
- Large platter
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp water
- ⅓ cup chopped dried cherries
- ½ lemon juiced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 medium Belgium endive leaves separated
- ½ of a small radicchio quartered and leaves separated (if you don’t like bitter greens you can just omit this and double the endive. You can sometimes find red endive too!)
- ½ fennel bulb cored and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped toasted hazelnuts or brazil nuts
- 2 oz crumbled stilton or any blue cheese of choice
- Handful fresh torn mint
- Handful fresh torn dill
- Freshly ground black pepper
- To make the dressing toast mustard seeds in a small pan over low heat until fragrant. Add in maple syrup, water and dried cherries. Let simmer until slightly reduced, about 2-3 minutes. Let cool.
- Add cherry mixture to a small bowl along with lemon juice. Whisk in oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange all salad ingredients as desired on a large platter. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes to make the salad nice and cold.
- Drizzle dressing all across the salad platter. Top with more freshly ground black pepper.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!