Fluffy Pumpkin Pie
Makes one 9-10" deep dish pie*
- 1 9-10" deep dish pie pan
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs about 11 full crackers
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 can (13.4oz) dulce de leche**
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese room temperature***
Whipped Cream Topping
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1-2 Tbsp pure maple syrup depending how sweet you’d like it
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Add graham crackers to a food processor and pulse into a fine crumb. Add in sugar, salt and butter and pulse until combined.
- Press into a deep dish pie plate to cover the bottom and all the way up the sides. Press the crust so that it just holds together. You don’t want to compact it too much or the crust will be hard to cut into when serving.
- Bake crust 8-10 minutes until lightly golden and aromatic. Let the crust fully cool.
- While the crust cools, prepare the filling. Add pumpkin, dulce de leche, cinnamon, vanilla, ginger, salt, nutmeg, and cloves to a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, whip until combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add heavy cream and maple syrup. Whip to medium peaks. Add in room temperature mascarpone and whip until just combined. This should take less than 30 seconds to combine. Be careful not to over-whip once the mascarpone is added, as the cheese can separate.
- Gently fold mascarpone mixture into the pumpkin mixture.
- Add mousse to the cooled crust and spread out evenly. Cover gently with plastic wrap and let chill in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours, overnight is best.
- When you are ready to eat, prepare the whipped cream topping. Add everything to a medium bowl and whip to medium peaks. Add to the top of the chilled pie and spread out in an aesthetic fashion. Slice and enjoy!
*You can also use a standard pie plate (not a deep dish) it will just be a bit thicker. **Using store-bought dulce de leche is necessary for getting the right texture! Homemade dulce de leche will lead to a looser filling. I recommend only using store-bought. ***Room temp is very important! The mascarpone won’t whip in well if it’s cold.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!