Fluffy Ricotta Pancakes
Makes 4-6 servings
- Large Bowl
- Small Bowl
- Large cast iron skillet
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 4 Tbsp butter melted, plus more for cooking the cakes
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs separated
- butter and maple syrup for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add buttermilk, ricotta, melted butter, vanilla, and egg yolks. Mix until just combined. Don’t over mix!
- In a small bowl, whip eggs whites until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold whites into batter.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat, until hot.
- Add a pat of butter to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Pour batter into pan to create desired size of cakes.
- Let pancakes cook on one side until small bubbles appear on the surface. Flip and cook until fully cooked.
- Repeat steps 6-8 until all batter is used.
- Serve pancakes warm with maple syrup and butter.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!