Green Goddess Deviled Eggs
Makes 12 deviled eggs
- Fine mesh sieve
- Medium bowl
- Immersion blender with a high sided container, or a small blender
- Piping bag or ziplock bag.
- 6 hard boiled eggs*
- 2-3 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup kewpie mayo
- 1 tsp dijon
- ½ of an anchovy filet
- A few dashes of hot sauce
- 4 large basil leaves
- 2 scallions green parts only, chopped
- A small handful fresh dill plus more for garnish
- A small handful baby spinach
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Crispy Prosciutto Crispy bacon, or Crispy Fried Shallots, for topping**
- Cut hard boiled eggs in half and carefully scoop out the yolks into a fine mesh sieve.
- Press the yolks through the sieve into a bowl. Set aside.
- Carefully rinse the egg whites and dry with a paper towel to remove any extraneous egg yolk bits.
- Using an immersion blender with a high sided container, or a small blender, blend lemon juice, mayo, dijon, anchovy, hot sauce, basil, scallions, dill, and spinach until very well blended.
- Add mixture into the yolks and whisk until fluffy and incorporated. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer filling to a piping bag, or ziplock bag.
- Pipe filling into egg whites. You can make these ahead up to this point and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Garnish with crispy prosciutto, fresh dill and more freshly cracked black pepper.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!