Serves 2-3 people
- Large pot
- Large skillet
- 1 28 oz can whole peeled tomatoes
- 12-16 oz bucatini sometimes bucatini is only sold in 12oz, 16 oz also works tho!
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves sliced
- ¼ tsp red chili flakes – add more if you like it spicy
- 6 basil leaves torn, plus more for garnish
- ½ cup grated pecorino romano plus more for serving
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil to cook pasta.
- Crush peeled whole tomatoes with your hands.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute sliced garlic in extra virgin olive oil until aromatic and brown.
- Add the red chili flake and basil and briefly saute.
- Add the tomatoes and stir. Let simmer on low while you boil the pasta.
- Heavily salt your boiling water and drop in pasta. Cook to al dente.
- Add drained pasta to skillet with sauce. Begin to coat pasta in sauce.
- Add pasta water and grated cheese to pan and stir.
- Mix until sauce coats pasta and they become one.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Enjoy with some more grated cheese, torn basil, and a drizzle of yummy olive oil.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!