Roasted Chicken w/ Leeks & Potatoes
Serves 3-4 people
- Cast iron pan or baking dish
- Small Bowl
- 3 leeks tops removed, cleaned, and halved
- 1 ½ lbs fingerling potatoes halved
- Olive oil
- 1 4-6 pound whole chicken spatchcocked (see video!)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 scallions green tops only, sliced
- 1 Tbsp capers chopped
- 3 Calabrian chilis minced (or 1/4 tsp chili flakes)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Zest of one lemon
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425ºF
- Place leeks and potatoes in a cast iron pan or baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss.
- Drizzle chicken all over with olive oil. Season chicken on both sides with paprika, salt and pepper (about 1 Tbsp of kosher salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper). Place on top of the leeks and potatoes, breast side up.
- Place into preheated oven and cook until chicken is golden brown and the breast has reached an internal temperature of 160F (it will carry over the extra 5 degrees). This will take about 1 hr and 10 minutes.
- As the chicken cooks, make your herb sauce by mixing all ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Once roasted, remove chicken from pan to rest. Let chicken rest for at least 15 minutes.
- While chicken rests, place pan with potatoes and leeks under the broiler for a few minutes to brown.
- Serve chicken and potatoes topped with herb sauce and enjoy! This is also lovely with a nice side salad!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!