Strawberry Honey Bostock
Makes 3-4 toasts
- Sheet tray
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup almond flour lightly packed
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp almond extract
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 4 Tbsp warm water
To assemble and finish
- 3-4 thick slices brioche bread
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Lemon zest
- Sliced strawberries
- Extra virgin olive oil optional
- Flake salt
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Prepare the almond paste by creaming the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in egg and mix to combine.
- Mix in almond flour, vanilla, salt and almond extract. Set aside.
- Next, stir honey and warm water together to make the honey syrup.
- Place brioche slices on a lined sheet tray and brush each slice with a generous amount of honey syrup (reserve just a touch for garnish at the end).
- Top each slice of brioche with almond paste covering from end to end. Sprinkle with almond slices.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 8-12 minutes until golden brown. Just keep an eye on them!
- Top with lemon zest.
- Add sliced strawberries and brush with reserved honey syrup.
- Top with a sprinkle of salt and a drizzle of evoo.
- Garnish with powdered sugar and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!