Chili Crisp Marinated Eggs
These are derived from the same idea as Korean mayak eggs!
- Medium sauce pan
- Large liquid measuring cup
- 6-8 eggs
- 1 cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp chili crisp
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 3 scallions thinly sliced
- Fill a medium sauce pan with water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- While water comes to a boil, prepare the marinade. In a large liquid measuring cup, mix soy sauce, vinegar, chili crisp, sugar, sesame oil, sesame seeds, ginger and scallions until combined. Set aside.
- Gently place eggs into boiling water, and boil over medium heat for 6 minutes. While eggs boil, prepare an ice bath.
- Remove eggs from boiling water directly into the ice bath.
- With the eggs in the ice bath, gently peel the shell away from the eggs.
- Place eggs in a container and pour marinade over. Cover the top with paper towel if eggs need help being fully submerged in the marinade.
- Refrigerate at least 5 hours before enjoying. The longer they marinate, the better 🙂
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!