Chocolate Buckwheat Zucchini Bread
Makes 1 loaf
- 9×5“ loaf pan
- Large Bowl
- Medium bowl
- Wire rack
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup buckwheat flour
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups grated zucchini lightly dried between paper towels
- ¾ cup chocolate chips optional
- Demerara sugar optional
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line and grease a 9×5 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl sift flour, buckwheat, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl whisk eggs, sugar, canola oil, and vanilla. Stir in grated zucchini.
- Mix wet into dry until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips if using.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and spread out evenly. Sprinkle with Demerara if using.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Remove loaf to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!