Red Pesto Pasta
- Large pot
- Immersion blender or food processor
- ½ cup coarsely chopped roasted red bell peppers
- ½ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes drained of oil
- ¼ cup olive oil plus more for serving
- ¼ cup toasted desired nuts almonds, walnuts, pine nuts etc.*
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp Kosher salt plus more for pasta water
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lb short cut pasta any shape you like
- ½ cup grated pecorino romano plus more for serving
- freshly ground black pepper
- Place a large pot of water over high heat and bring to boil for cooking the pasta.
- Meanwhile, using an immersion blender or food processor, blend peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, 1/4 cup olive oil, nuts, garlic, 1 tsp salt, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Heavily salt the boiling water and drop in pasta. Cook to al dente.
- Toss pasta with red pesto along with pasta water and grated pecorino to create a nicely sauced pasta.
- Serve garnished with olive oil, freshly ground black pepper and more grated cheese.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!